***Disclaimer: This is not posted for argument sake. Please read, ponder and respect.
Today I weep.
I just watched the footage released showing the fatal shooting of Patrick Lyoya. I am very disturbed in my soul. Without the privilege of all the information about the incident and only seeing the footage, my initial reaction is that ALL the senseless killing must stop. Please hear me, I said ALL. I am not attacking law enforcement or individual citizens, I am pleading for it to stop.
I wonder, why is Patrick Lyoya dead today? Yes, he ran, yes he resisted, and yes he is dead. Did he need to die? Did he deserve to die? License plates and fleeing deserve death? Lord in your mercy hear our prayer.
Was the police officer afraid of what was next as well? Was he concerned for his well being because of the circumstance? Possibly. But....... I still wonder why?
Friends, if you have your faith and trust in Jesus Christ I ask you do you, do I, live or strive to live like Jesus Christ? Do we bring peace and balance to life or do we live in fear and intimidation? Do we respond inappropriately because we are out of balance in our eternal relationship with Jesus Christ?
We must be better.
"So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor." - James 4:7-10
Peace,
I beg of you oh God,
Peace,
PB
Comments
Post a Comment